Thursday, July 20, 2006

A quick thought...

I don't remember if I've touched on this before, but where does the path to Heaven lie? In our faith or in our deeds? If we believe that it is in our faith, then what does it matter what we do in life? If it is in our deeds, then what outweighs what? Will Ken Lay, who was convicted of fraud, get a place in Heaven because he gave money to charity?

Or, is it in God's forgiveness and only in his forgiveness? If we say -- and sincerely mean -- "Hey, God, please forgive me for my sins" on our death bed -- will we be standing at the right hand of Jesus or cast aside as a goat?

Maybe, there's no answer and we must each find our own path.

Oh, one last thing, I'm opening up this blog to other like-minded writers, please send me an email if you are interested.

Blessings!

3 Comments:

Blogger MBD said...

James said that faith without works is dead. He additionally commented to the fact that Abraham was justified by putting his faith into ACTION, not merely by faith alone. That is, without the action his "faith" (so-called), would have merely been lip-service, and would not meet the true spiritual definition of faith.

- Mikhah

21 July, 2006 05:10  
Blogger James Schuler said...

Hi Julie,

Thanks again for your recent visit to my blog...I really appreciate your view-point!

Regarding your latest quick thought, you might want to visit my blog and look at the April 15th archived posting called "Faith versus Works" if you have a moment. It kind of deals with this issue - though my focus is more on here and now rather than salvation....it's at http://www.god-in-search-of-man.blogspot.com.

Thanks again, and God Bless You.

In Him,

James Schuler

29 July, 2006 08:01  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find it hard to believe that a man of a righteous lifestyle who lives a good and pure life by choice instead of for his faith in God alone will not be allowed in heaven? Why would god not allow someone into heaven because they personally could't bring themselves to believe in him. J/W?

Socrates

16 September, 2006 21:22  

Post a Comment

<< Home