Tuesday, June 06, 2006

The Gay Debate has gotten sillier...

I just read a couple of editorials on why Gays should NOT be allowed to marry in America. Both articles stated the same idea -- if Gays are allowed to marry, churches and religious schools who discriminate against them will lose federal (and, even though it wasn't mentioned, state) funding.

What?!?

It is okay to discriminate against a group of people so that another group doesn't lose money? Have they truly lost their minds?

If I started a religion that said, um, all latinos should not intermarry with whites and then, I started a college, um, I would not receive any federal funding because I discriminate against latino/white couples.

And, I shouldn't receive federal funds.

Do these people actually read what they write? And, if they do, do they really believe this?

I pay federal taxes and my tax dollars should not be used to support any religious school that would discriminate against someone who is black, latino, white, asian, gay, straight or whatever. Frankly, if religious schools lose money, suddenly they aren't going to care so much if a student is gay or not. Money talks and we all know it.

My point is that we cannot support a bogus, un-Christian amendment because some small minded people will lose Federal funding. Aren't those my tax dollars too?

God Bless

1 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Read my post on Abortion on my page www.mango3746ep.blogspot.com it can also be said about gay marriage. The Government has no right to police moral issues.

08 June, 2006 06:29  

Post a Comment

<< Home