Tuesday, November 22, 2005

DearFriends

I sent this out to my family and friends today. I'd like to pass it on to my readers, too. Please help.
Blessings...

Dear Family and Friends,

Today, I am not sending you an email filled with jokes. I am not sending you an email with baby pictures or a cute story for you to pass on. I am sending you an email to beg you for your help.

Right now, the Wisconsin Legislature (
http://www.legis.state.wi.us/) has created an Anti-Gay Marriage amendment. This amendment will assure that gays and lesbians will not be able to get married in this state, nor will they even be able to have civil unions. In fact, this amendment is so harsh that 100 current domestic partnership rights granted to straight couples will be outlawed.

For many gay people in Wisconsin, this means an end to the few rights we have – the ability to name who should make our health decisions comes to mind.

In the coming months, I am positive that you will hear a lot from the so-called Christian right. They will tell you lies to get you to vote for this amendment. They will try to convince you that this will improve Wisconsin families. All of it is a big lie.


  • Gay marriage does not take away any rights straight married couples have.

  • Gay marriage will not hurt your benefits.

  • Gay marriage can only strengthen families in Wisconsin.

Please Cheryl and I cannot fight this fight alone. We’ve all ready made our views known to our representatives. We need you to do the same. Please click the link to be taken to the government site where you can look up your representative. (http://www.legis.state.wi.us/) Please contact him or her and ask them NOT to vote for this amendment when it comes up for a legislative vote in January. Please, keep on top of them. Make sure they know that a vote for this amendment will result in losing your vote in November.

I wish that I could wave a magic wand and make this all go away, but I can’t. I wish that I could fight this without having to ask for help from anyone, but I can’t.

I know that I (and Cheryl, too) have the best friends in the world. I know that we can count on all of you to contact your representatives and let them know you DON’T support this amendment.

And, if I’ve missed anyone, please feel free to pass this on.

If you care anything about Cheryl and my welfare, please contact your
legislator.

God Bless,

Julie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home