Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Welcome

Last night, as I was listening to the gospel reading, I thought about how I could create a blog where I could list Jesus's sayings and my interpretation of them. Or, maybe just list the sayings.

Anyway, society in general has been giving a lot of lipservice lately to the idea that America is a Christian nation. When I say lipservice, I mean that we're talking the talk, but not walking the walk. I think being reminded of what Jesus Said might make a difference in how we begin to live our lives.

So, a little about me.

At the age of 17, I came out and struggled for a very long time with my sexuality and with my relationship with God and Jesus. At the age of 29, I became Catholic -- not converted, because you would have to belong to another religion to convert and I didn't. I have, for the past 9 years, been very involved with the Catholic Church. I've taught both 2nd and 6th grade religious education classes. I've served on the school board for my local parish school. I sing in the choir and most recently, I have become a reader, Eucharist minister and a cantor. (I've been busy.)

I've completed a lot of Bible study on my own. If I could, I would read the actual Greek translations. I, also, do not believe that the Holy Bible is the end all and be all for the teachings of Christ. I believe that the Gospel of Thomas, as well as other writings that didn't make the Biblical cut are just as important.

Blessings

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home